WW Noob Game 1: Screw it; Matt (wolves) Win

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by cabd, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Werewolf is a very fun forum game, but sadly, many people feel intimidated by complex, long games with lots of new rules. As such, this game is being run aside Akane’s as a learning experience. This game is intended for newer players; WW vets already know the rules and will be in the main game. Of course, those of you that are signed up for Akane’s full game are more than welcome to play here too. This game is a bit smaller, so it will go faster, and end sooner. Noob games are more forgiving of minor errors, and are a great way to learn without throwing away your strategy for the main game.

This game is set up for 9 players. Innocent_Shine will be one of the 9; as she’ll be the “player’s guide” of sorts for the group. (For the record, her role was still randomly generated, please don't assume her to be town, I'm not even sure what role she has until the game starts.) I will be the mod. The other 8 spaces are available; with players who have not yet played a full WW game given priority.

For fun, this noob game is based around Tales of the Abyss. It is a very fun game on the 3DS, so it’s close enough for me. Besides, theme isn’t as important as one would think, WW is more about logic. All roles come from the below spoiler-free list, not all on the list are in the game, so have fun.

Player Roster:

1: Innocent_Shine
    2: darkwing34
    3: EliGagerNorris
    4: RisingDawn
    5: GreenPepper
    6: forsomereason
    7: Thiagopepper
    8: Tamoo
    9: Akane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Spoiler-Free Research Material

Here’s a list of the major characters in the game. Wikipedia has spoilers, and if you’ve not yet played the game, I’d hate to ruin an AWEOSME experience.

Luke Fon Fabre
    Luke is the main character. He is 17 and is the only son of a noble family in the kingdom of Kimlasca-Lanvaldear. After a kidnapping incident, all of his childhood memories are erased, causing him to be very selfish and ignorant of the real world. His only hobby is swordsmanship.

Tear Grants
    Tear, full name Mystearica Aura Fende, is 16 and is a Locrian Sergeant of the Order of Lorelei in the Intelligence Division. She is extremely disciplined and feels compelled to be a soldier at all times, though she is sometimes unable to repress her feminine side. She is also a descendant of Yulia and can sing Yulia's Fonic Hymns. She also has a secret fondness for cute things.
    Jade Curtiss
    Jade, formerly known as Dr. Jade Balfour, is a colonel of the Malkuth Empire. Jade is sarcastic, pessimistic, honest and logical. He is known as the "Necromancer" for having animated the corpses of dead men.

Anise
    Anise, 13, is the guardian of the Order of Lorelei's highest official. She is a bright and cheerful little girl, but can sometimes show a darker side when provoked, and often hides her emotions when she is suffering. Because of her family's bad financial situation, she seeks to marry into money.

Guy
    Guy is a swordsman in service to House Fabre. He is 21 and he is very loyal and affectionate towards Luke, and considers himself somewhat responsible for Luke's spoiled and selfish personality.

Natalia
    Natalia is the princess of Kimlasca-Lanvaldear who fully believes that the function of nobility is to tend to the needs of their subjects. She is 18 and is loved by her people for her various public works projects. As Luke's fiancée, she scolds him for his spoiled attitude and his dismissal of his duties as a noble.

Ion
    The party of playable characters is accompanied by Fon Master Ion, the leader of the Order of Lorelei, a neutral theocracy trying to calm the power struggle between Malkuth and Kimlasca-Lanvaldear.

Mieu
    Mieu is a small blue mammalian called a cheagle. He joins Luke's group when the elder cheagle exiles him for setting fire to the forest where ligers live, which causes the ligers to hunt the cheagles for food. Since Luke saved Mieu's life, the elder orders him to serve Luke for the time of one year.

Mohs
    The leader of the Maestros of the Order of Lorelei who is obsessed with fulfilling the Score.

Van Grants
    He leads both the Six God-Generals and the Order of Lorelei's main army.

The 6 God Genrals:
    Asch the Bloody
    Legretta the Quick
    Arietta the Wild
    Dist the Reaper
    Sync the Tempest
    Largo the Black Lion
  2. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

i'll be in.
  3. I'll play. I've seen a Werewolf game in action but I haven't actually been in one myself :p.
  4. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

*Skims wikipedia article* Alright im a complete newb at this but Il join
  5. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

I'm in.
    I wonder what playing 2 WW games at once will be like...

EDIT: *looks up definition for noob*
    Ok, so I think I'm a newb, not a noob.
  6. Innocent_Shine

Innocent_Shine still aka Lynx

Things we can learn from this: Cabd got a new video game and loved it. (About time, this game would be worth buying a PS2 =p )

Things Cabd needs to learn: newb vs noob is like the internet version of being politically correct. This is a newb game, as in newbie, and not noob as in troll intelligence.
  7. forsomereason

forsomereason Member

8. RisingDawn

So... Hello everbody else, I thought id say Hi While we are waiting for other people to join. Hi!
  9. cabd

Bump. We've got most of the noobs joined, so if anyone else wants in on a more casual ww game, be my guest.
  10. darkwings

just wondering, but who's the villians in tales of the abyss?
  11. Innocent_Shine

Innocent_Shine still aka Lynx

Without spoilers? The God-Generals listed in the bottom of the first post. Legretta, Sync, Largo, Arietta, Asch, and Dist. Pretty sure Cabd is running this as a spoiler-free game, since most of the Namco JRPGs have some severely gray morality. You could write essays upon essays on it. No need to complicate it, I think, especially on a site where no one else knows the game =T

Even in the beginning of the game it's pretty gray, since it's about two different warring countries and various factions, and different playable characters are from different countries and factions.
  12. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

If there's any spot left before the game start, count me in, i'd like to help. :)
  13. darkwings

you did catch "noob" in the title, right? noob refers to people who haven't done this before, mr. i've played every game here. :)
  14. cabd

Read post #9
  15. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Since the Tales series is probably one of my favourite series of games, might as well go in for this. I'll make sure to take a bit more of a back seat approach in order for other people to get experience, not that I'm any good at this kinda thing anyway (nice 0% win record)
  16. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

The idea is to fill the game if people don't join to learn, since a game with all players is a lot more enjoyable. Of course, if anyone wishes to learn how to play, i'll give him/her my spot.
  17. darkwings

why does everyone take things so seriously.
  18. It's hard to catch sarcasm over the internet, especially when the poster has been serious before.
    darkwing34 likes this.
  19. RisingDawn

Because this trading card game is serious buisness. You should see juniors with EXes get milled by durant if u want serious
  20. cabd

Bump. One player. Anyone is welcome to join. Then we can start. Remember kids, more experience is a good thing.