WWXII - Pokemon TCG Mafia

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by PaidPyro, Dec 18, 2013.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I admit, I was shocked when I saw the vote.
  2. SMP

SMP Is bad at Werewolf

Way to go cabd.

Vax throws a bunch of accusations at me. I ask him to quote any of it. He completely ignores me. You still vote for me based off of the way D1 voting happened.

I guess next time I'm scum I should just have my 2 scum buddies vote for me D1 and let you live the entire time. You'll gambit just because and then vote for town in LYLO anyway.

I really wish I had lynched you when you made the weak neighborizor claim.
  3. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I'll be honest, Vax did a spectacular job with you in LYLO, SMP.

Vax played the Day 1 vote card well.

Cabd's gambits, meh, my dead thread pretty much suggests my thoughts there.
  4. daGlaceon

daGlaceon Still Can't See

The only thing about vax in lylo is he seemed really desperate.
  5. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Vax seriously, please be in the next game of WW. You did fantastic and I am sure your side will win because of you. Great game everybody, I honestly gave up in the end.
  6. daGlaceon

chill.
    jeffrey3421 likes this.
  7. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

I just want to say my day one reads on vax and vablakes were before I even knew they were on my team. Once I found out I couldn't just do a 180 lol.
  8. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

To be honest, I 100% think it helped your team's case.

Sometimes the mistakes work out fine.

On a side note, for those who don't look too often, signups are up in the queue.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  9. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

I'm glad I didn't grab any post modifiers, or I would have been in trouble...
    KPiplup likes this.
  10. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I laughed a little when GiF drew one.
  11. Vaxkiller

Vaxkiller Member

Good game everyone! Thanks for including me in the fun.

Thanks to @cabd for the kind words, but I think I really just kinda stumbled through most of the game making lucky choices, as well as being part of a good scum team.

I almost quoted your post actually, I would have said "Why would desufnoc call out BOTH of his scum team members?" I decided against it tho, because I thought pointing it out was kinda like saying "I'm not scum, I SWEAR!"
  12. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Agreed. Other than that, Vax played a great game.
  13. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

To those of you thinking I have a god complex or something hence why I waited up.... uh.... No, I just had three games at endgame at the time and I ordered them to get time slots each.

As for the gambit, it wasn't even a true gambit so much as a "hawkie died might as well make the best of it and keep people away from me so i can do my job"

Mm, that said, this game is proof that what I had hoped for is happening. The site has moved beyond the basic newbscum tells, people are starting to develop specific playstyles, and people are getting to be good players. This is everything I wanted to happen when I created the mafia group here, and then witnessed the slaughter of the pokegym mafia community, sad, but knowing the unique pokemon mafia style would live on.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Mares789 likes this.
  14. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Thank you, piplup thing.

I was going to point out a few things. Firstly, that while our community runs one game at a time, that other sites don't have this rule. If you wish to play multiple games at the same time, which several players here including @ProHawk @GuyInFreezer @Kirbyswag and @SMP have chosen to do on Mafiascum, you're welcome to as well.

Secondly, I want to sit down and dispel the myth that I'm some sort of mafia god. The only difference between me and most of you is that I started before you did. Well, that, and a VERY unorthodox play style. Experience breeds confidence. Confidence breeds wins. Wins breed fame. It's what you do with that fame that dictates who you are as a player. Personally, I feel it best to feed that fame back into more experience; but it's your choice.

That said, this game should be your proof that no player is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes and at the end of the day, it's all just a game. Emotions get lobbed around left and right, but you need to be able to walk back home at the end of the day leaving your emotions at the sandlot.
  15. daGlaceon

oops
  16. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

I think emotions were a little higher than usual because KP really thought you were voting Vax. Even though it was just speculation, I think a lot of people really believed in it, so they were shocked when your vote took a turn.

Cabd is 100% correct when he says that nobody is perfect. We can only expect the best out of him, and I feel like he gives his best every game.

Thanks to the mods for a great game and congrats to the scum team.
  17. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical going into the game with the whole new idea of the booster packs, but now after the game has finished, I think that it was really interesting and very well done. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing a game with a set up similar to this in the future.

Thanks to the mods for running this game, and congrats to the scumteam for winning! Although I died rather early, it was definitely fun watching the game progress from behind the scenes. This has to be one of the closest games I've ever seen on here. Good job to everyone.
  18. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Also- KP and Pyro, the idea to take only active players is a really fantastic idea to do one every five or six games. And I'm also really surprised and grateful that you picked me.

On the topic of the game- Vax, I don't think you got lucky. I would have played the last couple of days differently, but we'll never know if what anyone else would've done would have been better than what you did, and it couldn't be much better. In the Graveyard, KP was telling us cabd was already set on who he was going to vote and that was really early in the last day, so they way you played the whole game, and not just a few lucky moments, is what got you the win.
  19. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

KP thought cabd was doing so.
  20. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

I was sad that I was picked as an alternate instead of actual full time player.