Tier 2 Xerneas, Aromatisse

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheDewottClan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

the need +10 damage comes from counting muscle band and/or laser. +10 damage would allow it to ohko with only one or the other. whereas how it is you need a big combo of cards, and still miss the ohko on most 180hp exs (assuming you aren't playing virbank...which you shouldn't be).
  2. Dehram

Dehram Member

It works because it beat me just yesterday. OHKOing 170 EXs needs theXblast + Muscleband for 160 and the laser for the +10
  3. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

So if I beat you with a theme deck, then is it because it worked?
    Jimz and Salamencetrainer34 like this.
  4. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

Alright, well you let me know how well it does for you in a tournament on a consistent basis. Because consistently having muscle band, 4 energies and laser to ohko a 170 hp is hard enough, not to mention that a lot of the big threats have 180hp (which means you just die to a response and lose 4 energy without taking a prize). Great, you can occasionally get an ohko on a 170hp ex (assuming you hit your combo), however that +10 i was talking about, would allow you to get the ohko on 180hp basics, meaning the deck could stand up against most tier 1 decks. Right now, if you want to run straight fairies, you need to combo attackers and use Xerneas ex more for it's 60/30 attack, I know, because i've tested it and played it, not just gotten beat by it.
  5. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

Can Geomancy be used to search out Special Energy from your deck?
  6. therocket290

therocket290 New Member

No, geomancy only pulls out fairy energy.
  7. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

Okay thank you! That's what I thought but was having some issues with someone on Playtcg.
  8. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I think you should just set up your KOs ahead of time. All the non ex basic Registeel EX kyurems, Xerneas EX, Kyogre EX, and Darkrai EX can do this for you. It's easier to spread and streamline sweep in my experience. You will get problems from the Rain dances and Genesect though. They don't card about your damage if you can't return the KO immediately.
  9. Dehram

Dehram Member

Youre correct. I wasnt saying that MucleBand+Laser is the way to go period. Its an idea and Ive seen it work and saw it set up T3 or T4 consistently. While not spectacular or Tier1 I was impressed to see it run as smoothly as he had it. Dont know the list but im sure I could mimic it. It needs support, the straight fairy deck that is, whether it be damage output or combos.
  10. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

Yes, we can both agree the deck as a whole has potential and interesting combos of cards right now. I for one played a staight fairy deck for provincials in Ontario. It tested very good against everything that wasn't rayboar blastoise (I tried to tech for it), but had a terrible run of draws/time/awkward matches that ruined it all for me lol.
  11. Dehram

Dehram Member

I wonder if anyone has tested Frozen city? If those deluge type decks were the only really poor matchup then we should try testing frozen city. Works for Darkrai.
  12. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

it's possible, my only thought is fairy garden is too valuable not too run, and with the amount of beach blastoise/rayboar plays, you wouldn't really be only able to play 1-2 city. I used Dragon Vault SR Kyurem with bangle, in retrospect a palkia ex would've been more beneficial though.
  13. Dehram

Dehram Member

not a bad tech depending on your meta. not really what i saw this weekend but certainly before regionals
  14. ThePirateKingAtomsk

I'm not full committed to Plasma...but I've been trying out some sneaky stuff lately.

So my attacker line up still consist mostly of weakness coverage

3 Xerneas XY
    2-2 Aromatisse
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2 Thundurus EX
    1 Yveltal EX
    1 Reshiram EX (Will more than likely be Entei if I get one)
    1 Suicune
    1 Landorus EX
    1 Bouffalant DRX
    1 Rayquaza EX
    1 Virizion EX
    *1 Palkia EX
    *1 Plasma Badge

1hkos are basically what I want to happen as frequently as possible in this build, Everyone takes care of there respective weakness and Rayquaza EX is for the commanding lead. I normally drop him when I can't afford the Evil ball revenge kill on Thundurus or when I need to take prizes immediately. The otk is more expensive than Genesect, but the lack of necessity of the ace spec seems like a fair trade. The asterisk are what I'm not sure about right now. Plasma badge allows me to Raiden Knuckle to non-specific pokes even with a full bench while Palkia EX is a plasma and generally just helps against OTKs and Garbodor.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  15. Dehram

Dehram Member

OTK? Whats your energy spread and AceSpec then? Rayquaza is far more expensive than Genesect for your OHKOs because you're discarding three energies, maybe even four? Not sure what the ruling on that would be for prism and rainbow energies. And then you would have to Raiden Knuckle one more time than you would with Genesect. Both Palkia and baby Ray would do a better job at an OHKO on weakness, strafe saves ebrgy and baby Ray is one prize. Plasma Badge is a cool idea, but you may want like 2 at least depending on what you need on your field for each matchup and probably you would want Dowsing machine, especially if you run just one badge.
  16. ThePirateKingAtomsk

6 Fairy
    6 Special (4 Prism/1 Rainbow/1 DCE)
    Dowsing
    ----

I stated that it is more expensive already, it Discards 3 energy for 180. You must discard as well for rainbow/prism because though they each can only meet the cost one at a time- the effect respects them as all energy at once. The asterisk are an "either/or" deal- I'm not going to use baby Ray- the revenge kill is too costly. It will get KO'd. Palkia is a good plasma yet takes up a bench space, but helps in the Rain Dancer match ups with Suicune. Plasma badge allows anyone to be a accel target.

I'm learning towards Palkia after playing with Badge some. Bouffalant and Palkia did a lot of work.
    Dehram likes this.
  17. Dehram

Dehram Member

They sure do do a lot of work, Palkia had a strong showing over the weekend. Bouf is just always good now. Personally, and just in my opinion, I think the Baby Ray is still a better option here. If youre discarding 3 energies anyways, Ray EX can still be revenge KOd and with baby ray you win at prozes. Its all just theory in my head right now though. Havnet played around with an aroma box reslly any
  18. chronickitty00

chronickitty00 New Member

I want to point out rayquaza ex specifically states to discard basic energy.
  19. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Just use BKEX if you want to have an OHKO factor. Same energy requirement, but you can discard any energy, unlike Ray which requires you to discard Fire or Lightning
  20. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

If you aren't playing the Genesect version, BKEX is definitely your best OHKO option. You can just toss unwanted Fairy Energy with the attack cost.