Tier 2 Xerneas, Aromatisse

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheDewottClan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

Agreed. I've been playing it for the past couple of days. I actually think you all should get one while you can~ not to get baby_mario mad speculating about next set lol.
  2. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Why, do you think the price will go up even more because Water>Fire? I think it will probably stay around the 30$ it's already at imo.
  3. PikachuHunter

PikachuHunter Pokemon Elitedition

What are we going to do against the upcoming pyroar?
  4. Professor_N

Rayquaza LTR with a Muscle Band OHKOs Pyroar (Shred goes through everything; Even Pyroar's Ability).
  5. PikachuHunter

Haven't tought of that actually. I was already looking at stage 2 water Pokemon :p
  6. ThePirateKingAtomsk

Why stage two? You meant stage 1? All the stage one waters save Milotic get one shotted by him. Also 1hkos it with waterfall. I think golurk is a good option to look at. Seems like it would help a lot against rogues generally. It also denies the Rain dancers.
  7. Professor_N

Why not just use Rayquaza? You run it anyways, so no need to stress about Pyroar really.
  8. ThePirateKingAtomsk

It has a lot of uses. It's just space in this deck.. ;_;
  9. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

Since I'm not going to be playing regionals here in Ontario, so I'll post my straight fairy list I've been running. Has tested really well thus far, made a couple changes post provincials and haven't gotten to test them too much.

Pokemon;

3 Xerneas
    3 Xerneas EX
    2-2 Aromatisse
    3 bouffalant
    1-1 Slurpuff
    1 kyurem DRV

Trainers/Supporters/Stadium;

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Colress
    2 Skyla

3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    1 Tool Scrapper
    3 Max Potion
    1 Super Rod
    3 Fairy Garden
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Escape Rope
    1 Dowsing Machine

Energy;

8 Fairy
    3 DCE

Basically the idea of this was to abuse the one prize trades with Bouffalant, allowing you to get kos after sniping with Xerneas EX, or allow for the snipe kill. Originally I played a high count of catcher (3 i think), I just found the coin flip to inconsistent to make it worthwhile, also escape rope helps early if you have to search out a baby xerneas (then you can attach to it and geomancy without the need to retreat/fairy garden). I also played Keldeo EX originally, although I haven't tested slurpuff much, I put it in here as a counter to laser which I found was essential in getting ohkos against me.

The only deck that this deck (when it gets setup) struggles against is ohko decks. I feel this could be at least partially mitigated with 1-2 Palkia EX.

Overall, this is one of the more fun decks I've played in a long time. With the high counts of Darkrai EX/Yveltal EX this deck is perfect to combat it. Rayboar/Blastoise can be a struggle, but if played correctly and with the addition of Palkia I think it can be a reasonably negative matchup. All in all, the "wtf" factor with this deck can be a great advantage. And it has pretty decent matchups against a lot of decks.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. ThePirateKingAtomsk

Rain Dancers will be more even once we get Lysandre. Look for a "shred" like option too for you-know-who.
  11. PikachuHunter

Yeah I ment stage 1.
  12. ShinyEevee

ShinyEevee The not so shiny

I'm not a fairy player but just from experience playing against them, it might be a good idea to try and fit in at least 1 more tool scrapper. Much of the deck really relies on Aromatisse and its ability.

But again this is just from someone who isn't a fairy player. And do you know if you will be facing against any garb?
  13. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

Well I had not played much garbador, and the meta wasn't looking like it was going to have much garbador. However, my assumption was any deck that would play garbador was likely to be Darkrai/Yveltal, which I had already determined was a favourable matchup. So i determined that playing 1 tool scrapper and 1 dowsing machine was probably enough to get by.

I will not be playing Ontario Provincials, I have conflicting plans but I would 100% consider playing this deck, especially with the popularity of Darkrai/Yveltal (with or without garbador). You could easily make a change to include an extra tool scrapper if necessary, I played a less search line (3 ultra, 1 level) and found it to be sufficient.
  14. ddbargardi

ddbargardi Active Member

Rising popularity of Darkrai/Yveltal all over or in canada? Just curious going there and need an idea of the meta (seniors).
  15. Dehram

Dehram Member

Dark is huge in the Northeast, not sure about canada.
  16. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Darkrai is huge everywhere, it is the most popular deck because of it's price.
  17. Professor_N

It's less so Darkrai being popular but Yveltal with Darkrai in the deck that is popular. It is the truth though, it is one of the most popular decks because it is the most accessible and one of the most powerful.
  18. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

You knew what I meant my 'Darkrai'.
  19. Guurtz

Guurtz New Member

It seemed as though from what I have been seeing in states/regionals that Dark decks (with or without garbador) had a big upswing. It could not be the same. However, I would not be surprised if the primary meta is dark and blastoise/rayboar.
  20. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Alright, now that Flashfire has been released, I feel like I should share this:

A lot of people seem to think that Xerneas EX sucks. However, my testing and tournament results say otherwise.

I'm not saying that Xerneas EX is "OMGZ AMAZING, YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING THE DECK WRONG" because obviously Plasma/Fairies and Fairybox and stuff are really good. I just want to show another way to run the deck that I've found to be at least pretty decent.

If I had had all the cards for this by States, I most likely would've ran it (though Plasma did serve me pretty well). Unfortunately I did not, though I was able to run it for the League Challenge at California States and won with it (I had to borrow like half the deck haha). My friend in Juniors also got Top 4 at Nevada States with a list very similar to this, earning his Invite.

Here is an approximation of the list we ran (unfortunately we didn't save the exact one):

Pokemon: 15
    3 Xerneas EX
    2 Xerneas XY
    3 Aromatisse XY
    3 Spritzee XY
    1 Yveltal EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Darkrai EX

Energy: 14
    1 Rainbow
    4 Prism
    9 Fairy

TSS: 31
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Shauna

2 Virbank City Gym
    1 Tropical Beach

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Max Potion
    1 Super Rod
    1 Town Map
    1 Dowsing Machine - ACE SPEC

(this should at the most only be 1 or 2 cards off)

The basic strategy of it is to use little Xerneas to get energy on the field and then use Xerneas EX's X Blast to OHKO things with the help of Hypnotoxic Laser/Virbank. If needed, you could also attach a Muscle Band to hit for 190 damage. Then, you can retreat into another Xerneas EX via Darkrai EX's Dark Cloak and then Fairy Transfer the Energy from the old Xerneas to the new one, or simply Rush In/Retreat with Keldeo EX + Darkrai EX's Dark Cloak or a Float Stone (I'm pretty sure I ran a Float Stone in my list, though I can't figure out what I would've taken out for it). Virizion EX is there to remove pesky Special Conditions from your Pokemon, and Yveltal is just there because he's an amazing attacker.

I don't know if this reads as arrogant or condescending, and I certainly hope it doesn't, as that's most definitely not the intended purpose. I just felt like sharing an idea that, at least for me and my friends, has worked pretty well.

Feel free to test it, and be sure to let me know how it goes! :)
    Tsunami likes this.