Tier 2 Xerneas, Aromatisse

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheDewottClan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

Played against a list all but the same as this online last night (insert disclaimer here) using my Quad Kyurem list. Think I'm going to give my input.

The deck is definitely strong and very annoying. When you're playing against it, you tend to focus so much on KOing the EX Pokemon that hit the field that you forget Aromatisse is the whole cornerstone. I'd up the count to two Max Potions, as my opponent had at least 3 and they made the game last more turns than it should have. I would have won earlier if not for that item. In the end it came down to 1 Prize each, but I couldn't stop the Night Spear that fired off at the last unexpected moment.

Strong deck, awesome list, and as an unknown in the Pokemon scene, I give it two thumbs up.
  2. Wuphlez

Wuphlez New Member

I've been testing this build for the last 3 days on PTCGO and I have to say it's a very strong list. I lost to virtually zero dark decks even when I was behind 5-1 in prizes in one of them. This deck starts off slow but once it stabilizes it's very hard for it to lose.

I cut town map/tropical beach/shauna/super rod in my list for 2 Startling Megaphones and 2 Lysandre. The Lysandres really help this deck get the OHKO's it needs to slow the game down in your favour. Megaphones are for Garbodor.

I did lose to a few Vir Gen lists though. Granted I had a slow start but the Red Signal into Armoa really hurts. Also not being able to get the extra 30 damage off of laser is a bummer :(. I guess the strategy here would be to get off some early Break Throughs so you could revenge X Blast them.

Anyway, I'd suggest other people to try out this list as well, especially if there are tons of dark decks in your metagame.
    PP101 likes this.
  3. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I find only one Max Potion interesting.
  4. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

I'll be honest, I was in a rush to build the deck, as registration ended like 10 minutes after the last round of States ended. :p I originally started with 2, but I took one out to fit something else in (I forgot exactly what). However, it ended up being fine, especially with Dowsing Machine. I wouldn't fault someone for running more, though.

Yeah, Genesect/Virizion has to be the toughest matchup. That's where the Yveltal EX really shines. Break Through and Night Spear are also nice to spread more damaged around.

I have yet to test the deck with the new set, but I agree that Lysandre definitely seems like a great idea. I wouldn't want to drop the Beach, though... I'd rather drop something like an N.

Either way, though, I'm glad the deck is working out for you. :D
  5. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

This is my take that replaces Xerneas with Mewtwo

3 Xerneas
    3 Mewtwo EX
    3 Aromatisse
    3 Spritzee
    1 Xerneas EX
    1 Mr Mime

3 Sycamore
    3 Shauna
    3 Skyla
    3 N
    2 Random Receiver

3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    3 Max Potion
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Super Rod
    2 Switch
    1 Dowsing Machine

3 Fairy Garden

11 Fairy
  6. StuartHayden

StuartHayden Be GDLK or Go Home.

This is what I've currently been running. I'm still fairly new to Fairy Box so any feed back and why you'd make those changes are appreciated.

Pokemon (15)
    1 Cobalion EX
    1 Giratina EX
    1 Genesect EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Landorus EX
    1 Thundurus EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Yveltal EX
    1 Xerneas EX
    2 Xerneas
    2-2 Aromatisse

Items (14)
    1 Dowsing Machine (ACE SPEC)
    1 Level Ball
    1 Super Rod
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Ultra Ball

Supporters (14)
    2 Lysandre
    3 Skyla
    3 Colress
    3 N
    3 Professor Juniper

Stadiums (3)
    3 Fairy Garden

Energy (14)
    4 Prism
    4 Rainbow
    6 Fairy

I have a feeling all the one offs can be bad even though I get why they are there. I just think some condensing and a set f extra eyes looking over it would be helpful.
  7. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

-1 Giratina EX
    +1 rayquaza LTR.

Does same thing, with only 1 prize.
  8. PokemonGeek

What about Carbink? Load it up through Geomancy with EXP. Shares on other Carbink in case of KO, Wonder Blast for big damage.
  9. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

I'd just worry about Yveltal-EX and Mewtwo-EX revenge kills. You know how annoying it is to load up a Pokemon for a one-time one-chance knockout only to have the opponent Bench a Mewtwo-EX the very next turn?

Someone say "Welcome to the Mewtwo Wars." I dare you.
    Gelato likes this.
  10. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

EXP share wont help at all TBH. Use super rod/xerneas
  11. PokemonGeek

Ah, yes, the new problem of Startling Megaphone. Completely forgot.
    [​IMG]
    GRRRRRRRR!!!!! I hate TPCi. Another new idea, shattered at the very point of testing.