Tier 2 Xerneas, Aromatisse

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheDewottClan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. On514uGht

On514uGht Active Member

Here's what I'm using as of this moment:

Pokemon - 19

3x Spritzee
    2x Aromatisse
    2x Darkrai EX
    2x Yveltal EX
    1x Zekrom EX
    1x Keldeo EX
    1x Suicun PLB
    1x Cobalion EX
    1x Cobalion
    1x Victini EX
    1x Terrakion NVI
    1x Virizion EX
    1x Giratina EX
    1x Xerneas

Trainers/Supporters - 29

4x Professor Juniper
    4x N
    3x Skyla
    2x Shauna
    2x Colress/Bianca (Bianca is much better in the early turns where you are trying to get everything set up)

4x Ultra Ball
    3x Max Potion
    2x Tool Scrapper
    2x Level Ball
    1x Super Rod
    1x Dowsing Machine
    1x Switch

Energy - 12

4x Prism Energy
    4x Rainbow Energy
    4x Fairy Energy

This version is EXTREMELY teched out to be good in a variety of different matches. This deck differs from others in that it seeks to OKHO opposing Pokemon without being one shotted back.

My one thought on the deck is to incorporate Plasma Pokemon into the deck in order to abuse Thundurus EX's first attack in order to get energy back if you're playing against hammers and using its' 2nd attack in order to OHKO anything that is weak to lightning type Pokemon. Thoughts, critiques, and suggestions are all welcome! Thanks!
  2. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

IMO toolbox is better than straight fairy
    Toolbox list ATM

16 Pokemon
    3-3 Aromatisse
    2 Thundurus EX
    2 Palkia EX/Moltres EX/Genesect EX
    2 Darkrai EX
    2 Yveltal EX
    1 Xerneas EX
    1 Virizon EX
    1 Suicune PLB/Mini Ray/Spritomb
    1 Suicune/Mini Ray/Spiritomb

2 Stadiums
    2 Shadow Circle

14 Supporters
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Shauna

16 items
    A Dowsing Machine
    4 Max Potion
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Level Ball
    2 Escape Rope

12 Energy
    4 Fairy
    4 Rainbow
    4 Prism

Palkia and Moltres are something that I thought of trying to fix the terrible Virgen and Rayboar/Stoise matchup while taking in Energy for Raiden Knuckle. Haven't tested yet, so this could end up in a complete fail
  3. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Toolbox with an emphasis on plasma is a lot better than straight up Fairies from what I've seen. Although I rather run Fairy Garden instead of Darkrai to save on bench space. Shadow Circle is a really neat idea, but it might be counterproductive when you run into Yveltal as you would have no way to kick out their own Shadow Circle...
  4. Dehram

Dehram Member

I finally got enough Xerneas EX stuff to actually start building a Fiary deck. When I first heard of the new type I was upset, to put it nicely. But then there was so muh support here in TCG that I felt alright about it. I really think a straight Fairy deck, even just a few techs, can do the job here. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that people have been to focused on OHKOs, and I think that, mixed with some sub-stellar energy cost-to-damage ratios, have put people off of a straight ahead Fairy deck. I think with a little patience and some personal/meta teching straight fairy will perform.

3 Xerneas EX
    3 Xerneas xy
    3-3 Aromatisse
    2 Keldeo EX

3 Fairy Garden
    2-3 Exp Share
    1-2 Float Stone
    2+ Tool scrappers
    ??? Switch/Escape Rope/Not Float Stone
    ??? Catcher?
    2+ Bikes

This is what I've been working with for a core. No testing yet, all brainstorming. I think this can be a really speedy deck. The need for switching cards and float stones is definitely pertinent because there are just going to be times you need them and multiple times. Tool scrappers are necessary for Garbotoxin because one is not enough, and 2 might just cut it if you play fast enough. I saw someone using exp share somewhere online and it saved some of his energy because you will get KOed. Im surprised to not have seen it mentioned in any of the discussion here. Yes there are scrappers, but thats why we play dowsing machines and multiple of a card. Not that many people will play more than two tool scrappers. Play your cards right. (Sorry for the pun)

For Techs, Im going to include the Outrage Reshiram and Zekrom, because there are thousands of them, and they will take care of Yveltals and the weakness to steel types. Also Mewtwo EX because Double Colorless. But these will probably just be one ofs until I play it much much more. Thoughts?
  5. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

My Plasma/Toolbox Aromatisse deck

Pokemon: 21
    3 Thunderus EX
    2 Deoxys EX
    2 Kyurem
    1 Absol (Eh)
    2 Darkrai EX
    1 Yveltal EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Entei EX
    1 Suicune
    1 Terrakion
    1 Cobalion
    2-2 Aromatissie

Supporters: 13
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Shauna
    1 Skyla

Trainers: 14
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Tool Scraper
    1 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 12
    4 Prism
    4 Rainbow
    4 Fairy
  6. On514uGht

On514uGht Active Member

This list looks really good! How is it testing?
  7. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

It's been testing great, in testing I've found the Plasma list to be the best way to run Toolbox Fairy deck.
  8. djtimid85

djtimid85 New Member

Can someone explain why Keldeo's Rush In resets Xerneas EX's X Blast attack? Xerneas' attack says "This pokemon can't use X Blast during your next turn", so why does it reset if you use the same Xerneas after retreating Keldeo?
  9. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

All effects like "This Pokemon can't use X attack during your next turn" are reset as soon as that Pokemon returns to the bench. The same thing would be accomplished by a double-Switch or Escape Rope, but this method is less reliant on lucky draws, and can be (theoretically) used indefinitely.
  10. djtimid85

djtimid85 New Member

Cool. I was unaware of that. Thanks!
  11. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Every affect on a Pokemon, every single one, is reset on the Bench. I personally was really upset when I learned this rule because I probably wouldn't have Catchered my opponent's 1 Retreat Cost Pokemon when he has just used Blizzard Burn with his Kyurem (with no way to use it next turn). You, sir, are lucky you learned it the easy way.
    jebussan and Dehram like this.
  12. Dehram

Dehram Member

I learn the hard way too. Math + Bench math was difficult. Luckily my friend told me what I did wrong, granted it was after his next turn in a tourney lol
  13. Fanta

Fanta New Member

This is a design I worked on it for a long time
    Right now I'm getting good results with it but of course I intend to make the changes

Pokemon - 16

2x Spritzee
    2x Aromatisse
    2x Darkrai EX
    2x Yveltal EX
    1x Virizion EX
    2x Thundurus EX
    2x Xerneas
    2x Kyurem
    1x Sableye

Trainers: 30

3x Professor Juniper
    4x N
    3x Skyla
    2x Shauna
    1x Colress
    2x Shadow Circle
    4x Ultra Ball
    1x Team Plasma Ball
    1x Level Ball
    3x Max Potion
    2x Tool Scrapper
    1x Super Rod
    1x Escape Rope
    2x Muscle Band
    1x Dowsing Machine

Energy - 14

4x Prism Energy
    4x Rainbow Energy
    6x Fairy Energy
    yoshi08 likes this.
  14. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Won a challenge with this list today, it's still in testing, but it was very resourceful. Opinions?

Pokémon - 15
    2x Spritzee
    2x Aromatisse
    2x Darkrai EX
    2x Yveltal EX
    1x Victini EX
    1x Emolga EX
    1x Virizion EX
    1x Xerneas
    1x Suicune
    1x Terrakion
    1x Sableye

Trainers - 31
    4x Professor Sycamore
    4x N
    3x Shauna
    3x Skyla
    4x Max Potion
    3x Muscle Band
    3x Tool Scrapper
    3x Ultra Ball
    2x Level Ball
    1x Super Rod
    1x Dowsing Machine

Energy - 14
    4x Rainbow
    4x Prism
    6x Fairy
  15. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

After having a couple of rough games at my League Challenge today, I wanted to seek some help with my list. I've made a couple changes since but I figured it wouldn't hurt to seek some opinions.

Pokemon (14):
    2 Xerneas XY
    2 Spritzee XY
    2 Aromatisse XY
    2 Genesect EX
    1 Yveltal EX
    1 Entei EX
    1 Terrakion EX
    1 Zekrom EX
    1 Rayquaza LTR
    1 Virizion EX

Trainers (30):
    1 G-Booster
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    2 Max Potion
    2 Escape Rope
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Super Rod
    1 Level Ball

4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    3 Fairy Garden

Energy (16):
    6 Fairy
    4 Prism
    4 Rainbow
    2 Plasma
  16. Dehram

Dehram Member

Zekrom is not that great of a card. Rayquaza is not a good fit at all IMO. Wouldnt you have to discard all of the prism/rainbow energy you just manually attached and then moved around? G-Booster, Im not sold on.
  17. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

G-Booster can be really clutch, seen as this deck doesn't have any other ohko options. Zekrom is a decent Yveltal EX counter.
    Did you even see the LTR next to Rayquaza?
  18. Dehram

Dehram Member

WOOPS! My bad lol. The XY vs the EX is just throwing me off.. Makes more sense now for the tech. I can see the G Booster OHKOing, but Im not necessarily sold still. The option is great though these tool box decks seem to be really personal meta based and too techy for my taste. I can agree with matchups though and the list looks good. OHKOing is certainly necessary in the format. I guess Zekrom EX works in that situation, still not may favorite card
  19. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

G-booster is not worth the Ace Spec spec. You are playing a toolbox deck. You don't need to rely on just genesect, You should be hitting everything in the game for weakness somehow. You might as well play Black Kyurem EX, sure it's 3 energy but it doesn't need a-whole-nother card to do 200. And it doesn't lose it's attack to tool scrapper.

You really need a faster Electric attacker for Lugia. Plasma is a tough match up, Deoxys with muscle band is now a huge threat. It can kill all the basic attackers. I think Hard charm needs to get in somehow. If there is enough plasma in your meta, just run the mirrors. It is serial.

Also! Play Darkrai. Not to say Fairy Garden isn't a great stadium- but free retreat Deoyxs and Prism/rainbow holders just is nooooo good. Try to kept a darkrai in just in case.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  20. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

The reason I don't like Darkrai is that you lose all retreating options against Garbodor unless you get a Tool Scrapper, and it takes up a valuable bench spot. G-Boostre is totally worth it IMO as it can one shot anything and mitigates the weakness of your prizes screwing you over as your tech attacker and the G-Booster both need to be prized in order for you to be in trouble.