Tier 2 Xerneas, Aromatisse

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheDewottClan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

The only thing I don't get is the escape rope. Everything else makes sense.
  2. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Seriously the best answer for Lugia and Yveltal are Safeguard Pokémon. Safeguard's are a must in this deck, it catches your opponent off guard and it gives you a chance to find the right Pokémon for the situation like an Emolga EX or Victini EX. Once you make the Fairy Transfer you'll be ahead in the trade because it's highly likely they'll plan ahead for that.
  3. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

Escape Rope is something I'll probably take down to one, but it's been a pretty helpful card for me. There's a couple reasons I have this card in the deck:

-An out to T1 Geomancy if I don't start with Xerneas.
    -An out to Snorlax's Block (I know I can use Plasmas but I prefer to save those for taking KOs).
    -An out to sleep/paralyze should my Virizion be prized.
    -A switching out in case all 3 Fairy Gardens get taken out
    -Disrupting the opponent's setup (especially in Virizion/Genesect or Plasma) while having free retreat

Like I said, I'll likely take one out but I don't think you can run 0 switching cards in this deck, and Escape Rope over Switch is just personal preference.
  4. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Ok, yeah, agreed. I have one switch card for the reasons you outline, was mostly wondering why 2.
  5. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I disagree. Should they play an Absol (or Catcher) or Snorlax (or Red Signal), you could easily either have your lock negated or lose 3 energy.
  6. WuBMaYNE

Never said it was a lock or that it was permanent, I said it was the best way to catch your opponent off guard other than relying on other bad techs like Zekrom. Safeguard is a MUST in Fairybox, if you don't believe so than you haven't tested enough.
  7. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Heh, ok. I'm not in the business of sacrificing 3 energy drops on something that'll never get me prizes.
  8. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Why would you have to put 3 Energy on it, if you are just trying to stall?

Suicune is actually pretty useful in some matches. Notably Emboar, as it usually forces a loaded Delphox out.
  9. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I mean, I guess I'm more not ok with Sigilyph than Suicune. I was under the impression the idea was to attack Yveltal/Lugia with Safeguarders (post 162). Stalling is a different story.
  10. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Where did he mention attacking with them?

11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Apparently because I'm incapable of reading. With the two of those decks being capable of getting around the stall, I guess it's ok. I just don't understand why I wouldn't rather be using Geomancy or at least something to further my field.
  12. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Additionally, stalling for the correct attacker first requires having an ideal attacker. I'd argue Emolga is all but ideal, as both Darkrai/Yveltal and Plasma can easily return that KO.
  13. Auriz27

Auriz27 New Member

Hi judge my deck! I am open to suggestions.

Pokemon (16)
    2x Spritzee
    2x Aromatisse
    2x Xerneas Ex
    2x Yveltal Ex
    1xKeldeo Ex
    1xVirizion Ex
    1xCobalion (LTR)
    2x Xerneas
    2x Darkrai EX
    1x Terrakion EX

Trainers(30)
    2x N
    2x Shauna
    2xSkyla
    4xJuniper
    2xColress
    2x Ultraball
    2x Levelball
    3x Max potion
    2x Virbank City Gym
    3x HTL
    3x Muscle Band
    1x Professors letter
    1x Dowsing Machine
    1x Tool Scrapper

Energy(14)
    6x Fairy Energy
    4xPrism energy
    4x Rainbow energy

Basically I prefer having more energy on the board than the opponent hence the high count of energy(?) I have no switching cards but I play 2 darkrai ex's and a keldeo just in case (Keldeo can reset Xeneas EX's X Blast) I prefer attacking with the Xerneas EX or Yveltal EX but I have a few counters such as energy press cobalion for the mirror and terrakion ex for darkrai as well as putting more energy on the board. I don't have an answer to Yveltal EX besides using my own hence having energy dominance is important to me. I am open to suggestions for attackers and if there is anything off about my Energy or Trainer Line. =) so far I've been testing this on PTCGO and its doing pretty well if you wanna battle against it do tell me
  14. WuBMaYNE

It's literally like a one turn stall and most decks burn through a lot of resources trying to find a quick answer for Safeguard. In theory everything can trade and get around it, but in actual gameplay the impact of a Safeguard usually works in your favor the majority of the time especially since the Catcher nerf.

From the games I've tested so far low HP weakness hitters escape the trade ALOT. That's not all the time, but we know how Pokémon works, it's a game of draws and quick starts, I'll take the majority odds.
  15. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I'd kill for a volt switch card right now. I actually been thinking of playing Stunfisk for Thundurus and Snorlax.

Also when I mentioned Darkrai, I wasn't saying take Fairy Garden out- but run him for the plasma match up and avoid playing you Fairy Gardens unless it's a dire dire situation.
  16. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

For an even stronger wall attach a Silver Mirror to your Safeguard Sigilyph to avoid Snorlax, Absol and G-Booster attacks.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  17. yoshi08

yoshi08 Chomp Klefki

Silver Mirror doesn't block G-Booster attacks, but it's still a viable option for a tool on sigilyph, although I don't see it working in this deck, since it runs a lot of EXs and it would be almost always a dead card.
    themiraclemeat likes this.
  18. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

You are right, but Silver Mirror helps against all Team plasma. You could attach it to baby Xerneas and get hard to retaliate against free energy when versing a TDK deck or Yeti deck, because is forces them to use non-plasma attackers.
  19. WuBMaYNE

If you run straight Xerneas/Aromatisse using like 3 baby Xerneas than Silver Mirror is a great card to use and there is definitely room. But if you're running the Fairybox version it doesn't really fit well, but I guess a one of wouldn't hurt seeing how people are running Pokémon like Xerneas, Cobalion, Terrakion, Sableye, and Suicune. So if you have the space and you think Yeti will be prevalent.
  20. Nakigahara

Nakigahara New Member

A look at the Aromatisse + Big Basics deck that won Singapore States.