XY

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by Googleplex, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

[​IMG]

We have some details concerning our February set. It will be released on February 5th 2014 and will be called, simply, XY. 3 Kalos Starter decks will be released on November 8th (the same day as Black & White: Legendary Treasures) which will feature cards from the set. XY will introduce both the Fairy-type as well as Basic Fairy Energy into the game along with a whole host of Pokémon from the Kalos Region.

[spoiler=Basic Fairy Energy] [​IMG] [/spoiler]
  2. jonboy532

jonboy532 Is betting on a TDK deck with Muscle Band

Oh goodie, PINK Pokemon. *Sarcasm*[DOUBLEPOST=1380230070][/DOUBLEPOST]Although it's sort of funny, considering dragon pokemon. Gold is sort of the opposite of Pink.
    :)
  3. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

Fairy energy is in the Kalos starter decks, which means they'll be out super soon :) TIME TO PROXY THEM FOR THINGS~
  4. MaverickNate

MaverickNate Active Member

Professor Sycamore at 122/146. 146 cards, minus 9 for Energies. 137. that's a lot of Trainer cards.
  5. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

We're due for Potion, Poké Ball, Great Ball, etc. though.

Hoping for useful Supporters; not getting too excited though.
  6. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I'm thinking Energy Switch is back. It's come up in the last two first sets (DP and BW) and lots of people were complaining over its loss. It seems likely that the card will come up again.
    Serperior likes this.
  7. PellOfTheTundra

Well, we have Team Flare Grunt. If Sycamore is the last supporter in the set, then...
    137-122 = 15
    Minus: Great Ball, Potion, Pokeball, Energy Search, Energy Retrieval, Full Heal, PlusPower, PComm, Switch, SSU, ReversalClone.

4 more trainers? Rare Candy, Ultra Ball, Warp Point, and one more?
  8. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Geez I nearly barfed at seeing the new EX's
    HighShroomish and eggrolls like this.
  9. PellOfTheTundra

I didn't. I love Yveltal-EX; it gives some new options and imo is the strongest of all 4 EXes even if Xerneas can OHKO most EXes for 4 energy and hypnobank.
    Alastair and blargh257 like this.
  10. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I got a press release emailed to me today. Has info about how Mega Evolutions will work.

// // //

Pokémon TCG: XY Introduces Mega Evolution to Extremely Powerful Pokémon-EX Cards

New Mega Evolution Game Mechanic Will Revolutionize Pokémon TCG Strategy

BELLEVUE, WA—October 15, 2013—Mega Evolution, what could be described as an Evolution beyond all Evolutions, is changing the landscape of battles in the recently launched Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games for the Nintendo 3DS. This revolutionary game mechanic is also coming to the brand-new Pokémon Trading Card Game: XY expansion when 10-card booster packs arrive at retail in North America on February 5, 2014. Mega Evolution Pokémon evolve from Pokémon-EX, extremely powerful cards in their own right, creating a force that will change the way Pokémon TCG players build decks and create strategies for battle.

Before players Mega Evolve a Pokémon like Venusaur-EX or Blastoise-EX, they must consider the situation carefully because doing so ends their turn immediately, which means they can’t attack. The risky move is worth the reward, however, because Mega Evolution Pokémon exhibit a strength that surpasses Pokémon-EX. Hard-hitting attacks and high HP totals make Mega Evolution Pokémon dominant during Pokémon TCG matches.

Look out for the Pokémon TCG: XY expansion, including powerful Pokémon-EX cards, on February 5, 2014. The Pokémon TCG: XY—Kalos Starter Set, featuring new Fairy-type Pokémon, the first Pokémon type in the Pokémon TCG to have resistance to Darkness-type Pokémon, launches November 8, 2013. Each XY—Kalos Starter Set deck and XY booster pack will include a code card that unlocks virtual cards for the Pokémon TCG Online.

The new era of “Gotta Catch ’Em All” is here. Be sure to check out Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow Pokémon on Twitter @pokemon to ensure you’re receiving the latest news about Pokémon TCG.

// // //

Download official Pokémon TCG: XY booster pack, Kalos Starter Set, and card images here: https://www.hightail.com/download/OGhlRm8wdkd6NE44SjhUQw

// // //

Here are the images:

Yveltal EX card.png Xerneas EX card.png Venusaur EX card.png
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  11. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Blastoise EX card.png

(Wish I could upload more than 3 attachments per post...)
  12. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Obvious question will be 'can you Mega Evolve on the first turn?'
  13. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Would be a treat if you could. Looking forward to seeing artwork etc for these cards.
  14. baby_mario

I Mega Evolve, then Beach for 7.

Sorry, poor people.
    StrongRhino, Serperior and galladeava like this.
  15. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Doesn't your turn end immediately though? So you can't beach.
  16. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Great spot sns. Yeah looks like no Beach and Mega shenanigans.
    StrongRhino and tonenkyra like this.
  17. baby_mario

It doesn't matter.

The idea is just to crush your opponent's self worth with your luxury cards.
  18. pootoucher

pootoucher blastoise-enthusiast

but how is that different than any other tcg?

card games is capitalism at its most extreme: i have money, thus have good stuff....or i dont, and am beaten to the point of shame over peices of paper....
  19. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Then there are the special people who have money and good cards and just fail at playing and get beaten to a pulp.
  20. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

The important part is. Will the Mega-evos be full art?