Yugioh for Pokemon players

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zarco, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

If that list is right, nice to see Dragon Rulers and Prophecy get hit. Rooster getting hit kinda sucks, but it's fair- I've been testing 3-Axis with it and it's really really good.
    HighShroomish likes this.
  2. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

If that thing I hear about BLS getting pushed to 2 is true, I'm seriously not going to even attempt to learning this game again.

I'll stick to forever waiting for my Cardfight! Vanguard stuff.
    Otaku likes this.
  3. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

That would make Chaos decks too powerful. Besides, if BLS went to 2, since Chaos Sorcerer is a mini-version, it would probably have to go to 2 as well. Makes Chaos Dragons much too OP.
  4. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

I started playing yugioh when i was about 9 years old. 10 years later i'm apart of the official KDE Judge Program. Yugioh isn't that hard to learn. It's the spell speed that can get frustrating. Yugioh is def fun to play but will put a huge dent in your bank account. (reasons why i became a judge) The good thing about yugioh is that their structure decks are actually playable (most of the time) when bought in sets of threes. Current deck I'm playing with is Dark Worlds. I absolutely love the deck. i personally use DN for testing. but you can get some players on their who are idiots.

i haven't quite decided which to play competitively this year though. (pokemon or yugioh)[DOUBLEPOST=1376688182][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and as for Pokemon VS Yugioh this is what I've found to be true.
    Pokemon is cheaper than yugioh. Leagues are free. Tournaments are free.
    Yugioh you have to pay for everything. Regionals are about 25$ but you do get packs.
    Yugioh shops and tournaments are a lot easier to come by though. And from what I know, more people play Yugioh than Pokemon.

I don't know too much about the Professor Program but the Official KDE Judge Program is amazing and has tons of perks.

i usually use the pojo forums when it comes to yugioh.
  5. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I have an inexpensive, semi-competitive Yugioh deck built (LightSworn/Ray) and it works well for me, so you can build a deck for about 100 dollars that is decent.
  6. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

Dark World is about a 100$ deck or so. You get basically all you need in the structure deck x3.
  7. HighShroomish

IMO the best bang for your buck is Heroic's with a bunch of defensive Spells and Traps. Lion-Heart is redrum when your opponent loses their smashings when you Lance(lance does spells/traps right? I always mix them up...) It is quite enjoyable.[DOUBLEPOST=1376844361,1376694392][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, so apparently Yamato is a $40 dollar card now because people think Bujin are gonna be the BDIF. I feel sorry for them.
  8. Gelatin

I really want to play casual YGO but even there the Extra Deck costs about as much as a playset of Virizion and Genesect.
  9. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

There are decks that don't require you use an Extra Deck. I don't use Extra Decks.
  10. HighShroomish

If you use Chaos Dragons, an extra deck is just a bonus. For the main deck, just buy three Dragons Collide starter decks. When you do that, you have a fairly decent Chaos Dragons deck right there.
  11. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

if anyone wants to play sometime let me know. I'm always up for a nice game of yugimonz
    HighShroomish likes this.
  12. Zarco

I'm on YGOPro pretty ofter (every day or two), by the name Zach. I used to play on DN but my ignorance of the game and laziness got the better of me. Manual play is tougher, and I don't want to cheat on accident or get cheated on.
  13. Gelatin

I'm just waiting on the 3DS YGO game to finally come out. I had a lot of fun with the DS ones.

If I bother relearning the game though, YGO Pro sounds like a good place to start. The last time I played was when Inzektors first came out and I was still treading water with my Bubbleman deck. I still have a Darkworld and TG Agents deck in my closet somewhere, though I've gotten rid of a lot of my Synchros by now.
    HighShroomish, Zarco and desufnoc like this.
  14. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

15. HighShroomish

Well... that's.. I don't know what to say... WOW
  16. Zarco

Yeah, the banlist is INSANE. Some of it is nice, other parts are ridiculously unwarranted tbh. But, it is what it is and the format should be interesting.
  17. HighShroomish

It's gonna slow down everything that has ever been anything to a regular snails pace, and everything else can now compete, but this is gonna be a long, slow, thoughtful, season. And it's only till New Years!
  18. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

Wow what a banlist. This format is gonna be crazy.[DOUBLEPOST=1377137034][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah it's definitely gonna slow down a lot.... which I like.
  19. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I run Lightrays, like I said. It wasn't hit (except for my Heavy tech) so this entertains me. What do you play Shroom?
  20. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

The only thing I really lost (minus heavy) was Card Destruction. But that's okay. So happy with this list.