Yugioh for Pokemon players

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zarco, Aug 12, 2013.

1. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

I use Heroic Challengers. There were so many Card Destruction/Monster Reborn shenanigans I could do it wasn't even funny. This slows my deck down by a ton, but it should survive.[DOUBLEPOST=1377139465][/DOUBLEPOST]I just realized how much this banlist is beginning me to pull out my Kuribohs again.
  2. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

I can't decide if I want a competitive year in yugioh or pokemon. I can't do both. I wasn't going to do yugioh but this ban list has me in awe.
  3. HighShroomish

Well, the format will be much slower with all the traps sure to be around. Without Avarice, decks like Harpies and Bujins that can usually benefit from discarding, are now put in a precarious place, and Kuribohs screw up everyone's math because it can easily use cards like LADD, Lava Golem, and Monster Reincarnation. I mean, you sit there and negate all there everything while slowly killing them with Lava Golem. It's hilarious to watch them struggle.
  4. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

Reading this makes me wish a 3ds yugioh game was out already.
    HighShroomish likes this.
  5. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

After someone told me Blackwings was viable again, I am sort of interested.

Though I think CFV and Pokemon will be the TCGs for me. Regional Qualifiers is in three weeks and I need to hunt down six cards for less than $200 so I can play the strongest deck in the game.

Or I can drop less than $60 for some kind of bizarre rogue. Decisions, decisions...
  6. desufnoc

Can you borrow those cards?
  7. HighShroomish

Trust me, there is no BDIF right now. In all honesty, without Avarice and Reborn, Bujins suck. Prophecys are meh with Constellars and Evilswarms being meh as well, anything has a chance to come take a surprise win.
  8. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I was talking more CFV actually haha. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I'd be surprised if I could find someone willing to loan me them for the day. But at least it would be a nice investment considering they'd still be crazy competitive down the line.

YGO related: How are Firefists? They looked kind of cool even though I know absolutely nothing about what they do.
  9. HighShroomish

They blow up everything. They are very good.
    Gelatin and Zarco like this.
  10. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

3-Axis (my preferred build) is dead as a doorknob, but 4-Axis is coming out strong with Wolfbark in the scene. That thing is too good, especially with Fire Formation support
  11. HighShroomish

Yeah, limiting spirit kinda screwed up 3-Axis. I haven't tried 4 with Wolfbark yet though.
  12. desufnoc

I have no idea of what you guys are talking about. This does make me want to go pick up my relinquished deck and play again lol.
  13. Zarco

Hey, Relinquished has caused me some major problems. Come play on YGOPro or DN, maybe check out Pojo or some youtubers to get caught up, etc. It's a lot of fun. I need a (or some!) yugioh buddy to play with, test crazy ideas like Levia-Dragon Daedalus and Trap Monsters, make decks, etc.
  14. desufnoc

Do either require a download?
  15. HighShroomish

I don't know about YGOpro but DN doesn't and you can play me ;)
  16. desufnoc

ill look into it

Ok , I registered. Just need some free time to make a deck.
  17. HighShroomish

Zarco, are only on YGOpro? If not, I'm in need of a good testing partner as well :p

And desu, a good deck for getting back into the game is either gadgets or blackwings.
  18. desufnoc

I played last night. The three games i played. One was against a guy who didnt speak english, one who didnt know the rules, and one who had an annoying deck lol.
  19. HighShroomish

Ouch... I might ba able to play you some time today but be warned, I negate everything.
  20. Zarco

I play mostly on YGOPro (which does take a download), but play on DN occasionally. As someone who doesn't know rulings/ what a lot of cards do, DN is rough for me because either I cheat-or my opponents do-a lot more than should happen, either by accident or even on purpose in their case, I'm sure. Also, the client is annoying because it's manual. But, if you want to play on DN just let me know, I'm in.