Yugioh for Pokemon players

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zarco, Aug 12, 2013.

1. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

If anyone wants to play on DN let me know!
  2. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Ok so, um, I just randomly decided to put Hawk into 4-Axis and I ended up with a t3 3400 ATK Tiger King. If Hawk is commonly put into 4-Axis, I would love to know.
  3. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Never seen it personally. It was played in 3-Axis usually because you can just go Horse Prince->Hawk if you don't have the ability to go into Lion Emperor (when Rooster came out, it sort of voided this play, but in OCG where it's at 1 and 3-Axis lives on, Hawk is still pretty awesome). I don't think too many of the cards that were common in 3-Axis are even that viable anymore in 4-Axis. I mean, you can try to make a hybrid build, but it'll kinda suck- a pure build just has more focus and tons more extra deck space. 4-Axis generally just has better XYZs and Synchros available- Tiger King, Cardinal, and Kirin are all pretty awesome, and Crimson Blader and Diamond Dire are much better than any off-theme support 3-Axis had.
  4. HighShroomish

True, true. But I was actually astounded that Hawk works. It can survive for a turn in attack if you use tensen to buff it up, then you can get this huge Tiger King... just try it. It's ridiculous and fun. I recommend -1 Gorilla(if you have 3) and -1 Deck Devi(if you have more than 1).
  5. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I really don't know YuGiOh meta. I'm a fan of E-Dragons and Dragunitys, but little else in the meta interests me.
  6. HighShroomish

E-Dragons w/ drags is like the only way they're competitive anymore :p

I finally got a irl 4-axis and I'm missing 2 gorilla and coyote
  7. Zarco

Dragunities have a lot of other options than tagging with E-Drags. Dux plays let you get out a Lv 8 Synchro every turn, and some variants (Gae Dearg/Gustos, Mystletainn/REDMD) can make Rank 6s every turn, either Atum for OTKing or something like Bounzer or MZ for control. Bounzer plus Stardust is a pretty awesome combo for control. Ravine is one of the best Field Spells in the game, so the deck is pretty consistent.
  8. HighShroomish

So what do you guys think of a banlist every 3 months instead of 6 now?
  9. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I'm a fan. Makes things more exciting.
  10. HighShroomish

Yeah, and it also keeps any decks that become utterly and extremely broken after a set comes out *cough*tachyon*cough* in check so that don't become super uber mega derp and the only deck that wins tournaments *cough*e-dragons*cough*
  11. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

LOL Sixth Sense is unbanned :p
    This will be very, very dumb...
    Zarco likes this.
  12. HighShroomish

LOL WAT!?!?!?! I guess that does give lightsworns a Charge-like card so this does kinda make sense.
  13. Zarco

No, Sixth Sense makes no sense. a card that draws TILL YOU HAVE 4, then discards it during the end phase is banned, but a card that has an acceptable chance to draw 5+ isn't? And its downside? You get to mill, which is awesome for Lightsworn, Dragon Rulers, Plants/Synchrons, Chaos Dragons, Archfiends, Zombies, etc. Not to mention it's completely luck based. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Otaku likes this.
  14. HighShroomish

But they both really help Choas Dragons, and Sixth Sense is a trap, making it slower.
  15. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

Sixth Sense is just like an autowin card for some decks. And it's fool proof.
    "Ohhhh, I think I'll play Sixth Sense, and I pick one and two, durrrrrrr..." That doesn't happen.
  16. HighShroomish

Well, it is banned now, if DN is right.
    DN is wrong...[DOUBLEPOST=1381074805][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone up for a game?[DOUBLEPOST=1381537524,1381016527][/DOUBLEPOST]should I troll and enter the locals tournament tomorrow? None of the good players ever enter, so I would steamroll 95% of the games...[DOUBLEPOST=1382883746][/DOUBLEPOST]Well Noble Knights just became broken...
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  17. HighShroomish

Heeellllooooo anybody home?
    I just steamrolled Blackwings, Fire Fists, Geargia, Noble Knights and Chaos Dragons with my Mermails. I think I took maybe 8000 over the course of 10 games. Maybe. I think we might have a new BDIF. Just have to see what happens against Harpies.
  18. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

Mermails are good when they get going, but if Geargia can get a board going second nothing can beat them. That's why I've been maining C in Madolches. But yeah Mermails are good I only lost to them at locals last week cause I didn't have any hootcake targets in deck and I couldn't make an acid golem. Gaios can be scary to.
  19. HighShroomish

I hate Madolche. They're up their with Ghostricks on my annoyance scale. But yes, Gaios can be very scary.
  20. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

I'm liking Sylvans to