Tier 3 Zebstrika NXD, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SamSoldier, Aug 15, 2013.

1. SamSoldier

SamSoldier Don't know what to put here D:

This is the competitive thread about Zebstrika (ND 48)/Garbodor (PF 119). The basic strategy of the deck is to use Zebstrika disconnect attack with Garbodor Garbotoxin ability to lock your opponents itens and abilitys, while using tools like Silver Mirror (To create a techinicly "unbreakable" lock against pure plasma decks) or Silver Bangle to boost your damage output. Here is my personal list :

Pokemons - 12
    4 Blitzle (BC 56)
    4 Zebstrika (ND 48)
    2 Trubbish (PS 65)
    2 Garbodor (PF 119)

Supporters - 13
    4 Professor Juniper (PF 116)
    4 N (NV 92)
    3 Skyla (BC 134)
    2 Colress (PS 118)

Itens - 25
    3 Level Ball (ND 89)
    2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
    3 Silver Bangle (PB 88)
    3 Silver Mirror (PB 89)
    2 Super Rod (NV 95)
    1 Exp. Share (DV 18)
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
    2 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
    3 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
    1 Dowsing Machine (PS 128)
    1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
    1 Float Stone (PF 99)

Energy - 9
    9 Lightning Energy (BW 108)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

What about adding Dragonite/Garbodor and making it into an Item Lock thread... I don't know, it's just an idea.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I would drop the Psychic Energy for more draw Supporters. 12 is cutting it a bit fine, and I don't see attacking with Garby/Trubbish as a serious option for the deck.[DOUBLEPOST=1376604299][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dragonite can have its own thread if anyone is interested in doing it. A general Item Lock thread could become very unfocused, depending on future releases.
    SamSoldier likes this.
  4. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Ok, sounds good. I might just have to do that.
  5. SamSoldier

The 2 Psychic Energy aren't exactly for trubish or Garbodor, but for Zebstrika to use Lightning Crash in case you really need it =D
    I could add another colress, but I don't see any space for it, since a decent amount of energies are needed to get a T2 Disconect =P
  6. baby_mario

Eh, I'd still much rather have more draw. There's no Beach or Bicycle here, leaving you with just 9 draw options plus the Skylas.
  7. SuperCrazyMan

SuperCrazyMan Badgers Are Cool

-2 Psychic Energy
    +1 Colress
    +1 Tool Scrapper

I don't think that the Psychic energy are really needed. Another draw supporter is always nice and the Scrapper because there is a lot more competitive tools out there now.
  8. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i would like a second float stone. and 2 switch. right now the 1 float stone is your only out to a trubbish start.
  9. Drench

Drench Active Member

You need answers to Big Basics as well. They are still around and can just lay down the hammer on this deck.

Landorus/Cobalion which are the common Big Basics nowadays with Garbodor decks, just break this apart. If an answer to this can be made.. all the bases really will be covered. As well as the fire decks including Victini EX etc that hit fast.
  10. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

What if you ran this alongside either Mewtwo or Terrakion/Landorus, that way you have responses to other decks?
  11. galldrin

galldrin Poke-dad

I think the deck is going to hold its own vs most everything that doesn't include landorus Ex. I think there can be found room for a teched attacker to matchup against landorus, but atm I'm drawing a blank. Maybe a kyurem and add some blends in?
  12. SamSoldier

Updated the list, took out one Trubbish to add another colress.
    I am trying to find a decent counter to landourous, but all of my ideas requires too much space =P
    Maybe take out the LaserBank (4 HTL and 2 Virbank) to put something, but I dont know if that is a really good ideia
  13. baby_mario

With every deck you just have to accept that you can't counter everything without wrecking consistency.

I doubt Landorus is going to be all that popular.
    SamSoldier likes this.
  14. galldrin

galldrin Poke-dad

I could see landorus being used more if this rogue sees a lot of play, but that's probably a meta call for each area. I do agree that having one deck that squashes this one flat is ok considering how easy a pure plasma matchup is. I think there can be found room for tech attackers like sawk plb or mebe a bouffalant, but the question becomes one of need and is it worth breaking the item lock to allow said attacker to function. In my testing deck I do have a single sawk but I havent played against enough darkrai based decks to see if it is worth keeping him there.
  15. 911donkey

911donkey Donktor of Psychology

I agree with baby_mario in doubting Landorus will see enough play to merit a dedicated counter.

Back when I first started playing, Boundaries Crossed had just come out, and my league leader and I found the league promo Cryogonal (from NVI I believe?) to be a decent attacker versus Landorus. 100 damage for two isn't bad at all. Had we not just lost it to rotation, it would've been my go-to tech.
  16. SamSoldier

What do you guys think about Tornadus Ex?
    A single copy could help a lot against Landorus and don't hurt your consistency (maybe adding 2~3 dce too)
  17. Drench

Drench Active Member

In my area Landorus is still all over the place. So probably the only reason I'm saying what I'm saying.

It's quite annoying really.
    SamSoldier likes this.
  18. supersmarty1234

supersmarty1234 rotations, designed to make bulk even more useless

I totally agree with you, you need some type of counter pokemon that hits for weakness without counting on ability. No Keldeo Floatstone ):

(TOXICROAK REVENGE) just kidding,
    SamSoldier likes this.
  19. SuperCrazyMan

SuperCrazyMan Badgers Are Cool

If your talking about the one from Dark Explores, yes. I used it in my ZekEels deck before and it worked really well.
    SamSoldier likes this.
  20. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

I don't know why everyone thinks Landorus is a dead card. I know of atleast 3 people in our weekly local tournaments that runs him (including myself) and I am generally in the Top 3 each week. Though I can't speak fot the consistancy till I have some better tournaments to test at, but I have played vs this and Landorus just makes this a cake walk.