Tier 3 Zebstrika NXD, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SamSoldier, Aug 15, 2013.

1. galldrin

galldrin Poke-dad

So I am still working with this deck, and in fact have now posted an article about it. http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/thr...ould-a-real-look-at-zebstrika-garbodor.10567/

Mid to late game, for me, is all about getting those lasers into play. Its why my deck is built around having a 5th and possibly 6th laser to use. For those not interested in reading the linked article here is my decklist.

Pokemon - 13
    4-4 Zebstrika NXD
    3-2 Garbodor DRX

Trainers - 38

4 Juniper
    4 N
    1 Colress
    1 Bianca
    1 Shadow Triad
    1 Random Reciever

4 Level Ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Float Stone
    2 Silver Mirror
    2 Silver Bangle
    1 Experience Share
    1 Switch
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Virbank City Gym

Energy - 9

9 Lightning
  2. SamSoldier

SamSoldier Don't know what to put here D:

Really liked this list, but I would change the 1 Heavy Ball for an Ultra Ball.
    Also, I don't know why you aren't running skyla here =P
  3. FawksII

FawksII New Member

Hey, sorry for necro-ing, but FYIs are generally worth it if it's not too long ago (in a galaxy...)

If you are still needing a landorus counter I've found the best to be Outrage Kyurem. You may want to run DCEs for it, but yeah...
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

@FawksII - you can necro threads in Competitive all you want. Decks go up and down in use all the time and we archive obsolete stuff.
    PellOfTheTundra likes this.
  5. SamSoldier

SamSoldier Don't know what to put here D:

Hm... Kyurem is a decent counter, but with the new rules Lando has seen a huge fall in play, so I don't think you still need a counter =P
  6. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

Anyone tried this deck with XY stuff yet?
  7. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Like what exactly? Nothing from XY really improves this deck. Unless Im missing something.
  8. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

Meant trainers etc im sure something from it can help this deck somewhere lol why I asked because I wondered
  9. Regi1337

Regi1337 Red Signal all day long

I think that Muscle Band could be an awesome addition for this deck, because you could easily Score 3hkos or 2hkos with Laserbank ..
  10. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

There's not much that can be done. I've tested this deck for months. It's my favorite "fun" deck. You win some, you lose some, it's enjoyable. Nothing really comes from XY that gives this deck a boost.

It's a possible improvement. Sure it fits better since you can now do additional damage to non-EX's and the numbers are nice, but that's thinking you're always going to have a laser ever single time you attack. You could already score 3HKO's with Zebstrika, so it may improve it slightly, but not enough to make it competitive. Just my thoughts.