Zoroark DEX, Weavile UD

Discussion in 'UG Deck Discussion' started by Adam, May 2, 2012.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Sample Deck List (updated through DEX - April 2012)

Pokemon – 16

4 Zorua DEX 69
    4 Zoroark DEX
    4 Sneasel UD
    2 Weavile UD
    2 Darkrai EX

Trainers - 32

4 Pokémon Collector
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory
    2 N

4 Dark Patch
    3 Junk Arm
    3 Dark Claw
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Pokegear 3.0
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Revive

Energy – 12

6 Darkness – Basic
    3 Darkness – Special
    3 Rescue

via: The Dark Explorers Deck List Depot

Basic Strategy

The deck’s main strategy is pretty simple – get a T2 Zoroark with or without Ascension and start Brutal Rushing for 120-150 damage. The deck is fast and consistent.
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Tech Options

4. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Looks really great. Deck is fast it makes me giddy.

I've been thinking about 1 Shaymin EX/1 Prism for the Terrakion matchup. Can ideally attach prism and dark patch to load it in one turn and sweep them off the board. Havent tested it, just seems viable.
  5. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

I like how it's already been tiered as 1.5 and there hasn't even been a premier tournament yet. Not saying it doesn't deserve the spot, but it certainly feels silly to decide something's tier before it's been tested on the big stage :p
  6. MultX

MultX I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE TREVOR DECK

They might have lost remover to stop your shaymin cold.
  7. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I kind of arbitrarily give decks tier rankings based on what sense I get from where things stand in the articles. Please let me know if you (or anyone else) feels I got any wrong and I'll fix them! Where would you say this stands, by the way?
  8. pkmn

pkmn that's when I won nats

Playtested this deck but mine had a different list then the one above. Playtested against CMT, 3-2 in favor of CMT. It has a slight advantage when it comes to attackers because Mewtwo is nullified but Darkrai takes 3 energies to power up which sometimes means that it gets stuck with 2 energys in the active when you expect a Dark Energy to come from a supporter, I suggest running switch in this deck since the Dark Patches are limited along with the Junk Arms. Another downfall to this deck is once it can't get a turn 1 ascension. It slows the deck greatly and often falls apart. Just my 2 cents
  9. koji

koji last name ever, first name greatest

darkrai is tooo clunky for me. 3 more energy to do 90 and 30 to the bench?? nice but is it good enough??
  10. pkmn

pkmn that's when I won nats

Yes it is. It really helps, especially in the Zeels matchup, catcher up eel, night spear and snipe a tynamo, 2 prizes right off the bat