zoroark troll deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by sonicboom, Dec 21, 2012.

1. sonicboom

sonicboom number 1# treecko fan

i have been toying around with this deck 3 weeks ago and had surprisingly some succes with this at league

list

3-3 zoroark bw (foul play)
    1-1 electrivire box
    2 bouffalant drx
    1 zekrom
    4 juniper
    4 n
    3 cheren
    3 super rod
    3 level ball
    3 ultra ball
    3 exp share
    3 dark claw
    3 rescue scarf
    2 plus power
    2 switch
    2 energy retreival
    4 dce
    5 lightning energy
    5 water energy

strategy and card explaneaions

the strategy is to use zoroarks foul play + dark claw to use the opponent quicker and for more damage bouffalant electrivire and zekrom are if zoroark foul play isnt usefulll at that time

card explanations

3 rescue scarf
    is used to get back zoroarks and other pokemons that got ko'd

3 exp share
    is used against decks like keldeo and rayquaza so you can move you water or lightning energys to another zoroark/bouffalnt so can attack direcly after you active got knock out

3 dark claw
    is used so that zoroark can deal more damage

3 super rod
    is used to stream/get back zoroarks and other pokemons

2 pluspower
    is used if you need 10 more damage to ko something

2 energy retreival
    is used to get back energy if i used rayquaza dragon burst

5 water and 5 lightning energy
    are used so that i can use keldoes secret sword and rayqauzas dragon burst
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

What's Electivire for?
  3. sonicboom

electrivire is used against empoleon and other stage 2 decks to use electriwave to ko weak basics
    and aslo to put exes in ko range so that zoroark can ko them with foul play
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

You'll never get to use it against a half decent deck/opponent. Too slow. Drop it for more Zoroark or something.

I'm guessing there's no Catcher or Comp Search because you don't have them?
  5. sonicboom

nope i dont have catcher or computer search
  6. Yeah, I think you should drop the Electivire. It is too slow and takes up too much space. (Even 2 spots can be too many) You could consider adding Darkrai EX, to give free retreat, or Sableye to retrieve items. But, this makes it more of a Dark Deck, so if you want to do that you can. You can't really copy Dragon Burst, since you won't have much energy to discard, and Secret Sword won't do much damage either. Since there isn't any energy other than DCE, it makes it really hard.
    Zarco likes this.
  7. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Yeah, this would be better as a dark deck with Darkrai and Sableye. Some other options are Mewtwo EX, Zoroark DEX, or Mew EX (which can copy Foul Play for DCE as opposed to need the opponent's energy type). I'd advise some fighting energy if you don't like any of these ideas, so at least you can abuse Land's Judgement on Landy EXs.
  8. TechnoLegend

TechnoLegend Active Member

you should put a Mew EX in here so much foul play crazyness with him. This is an example of a deck similar to the foul play deck i have been testing, just a few changes.

Pokemon 12
    x3 Zorua DEX
    x3 Zoroark NXD
    x2 Sableye DEX
    x2 Darkrai EX
    x2 Mew EX

Supporters 14
    x4 Juniper
    x4 N
    x4 Bianca
    x2 Skyla

Items 21
    x4 Ultra Ball
    x4 Pokemon Catcher
    x3 Energy Switch
    x3 Dark Claw
    x3 Dark Patch
    x2 Dark Claw
    x1 Super Rod
    x1 Computer Search

Energy 12
    x7 Darkness
    x1 Prism
    x4 DCE

Dark claw is by far the best tool for this deck, it makes foul play have +20 damage which is huge. Mew EX is fantastic in this deck, for 1 DCE he can replicate zoroarks attack and use any attack the defending pokemon has. I also recommend running 4 juniper, 4 N, and 4 Bianca, you empty your hand very fast with this deck. Im still trying to find room for some type of healing but computer search is always more helpful then a gold potion would be, even though it is the best think to heal a zoroark with.