Joining Underground gives you (and one friend!) complete access to our latest Underground articles plus their companion discussion topics to ask our writers questions. (Never read an Underground article before? Start here—these ones are Unlocked.)
New Underground articles are published on average three times per week and are written by our staff of competitive players + correspondents who report on an array of topics helpful for any competitor.
Choose a subscription:
Each subscription comes with automatic renewal, but you may disable automatic renewal at any time. If you are not completely satisfied with Underground, you can request a full refund within the first 30 days of joining—no questions asked.
Gift subscriptions are available below. ↓
Q. Who writes for Underground?
A. Our current writing staff consists of:
- Pablo Meza — 11× Worlds invitee. Playing since 2003. “El Table.”
- Xander Pero — 9× Worlds invitee. Playing since 2009. The X factor.
- Alex Schemanske — 8× Worlds invitee. Playing since 2010. We don’t even know.
- Chris Fulop — 8× Worlds invitee. Playing since 1998. Pretty swell guy.
- Mike Fouchet — 8× Worlds invitee. Playing since 2004. Likes numbers.
- Travis Nunlist — 4× Worlds invitee. Playing since 2010. The mastermind you’ve never heard of.
- Kenny Wisdom — Commentator for major events. Playing since 2006. Loves you.
- Peter Kica — Bio coming soon.
- Jon Eng — Bio coming soon.
- Connor Finton — Bio coming soon.
- Gabriel Semedo — Bio coming soon.
- Rahul Reddy — Bio coming soon.
Full bios can be found on each author page.
Q. When are new articles released?
A. There are on average three new Underground articles published each week, Tuesday–Thursday, at ~12pm ET. We schedule more content before tournament weekends than after, however, so you may see four articles one week and then only two the next. Our objective is to help you prepare for events.
Q. What topics are in Underground articles?
A. An Underground article could…
- profile the best decks for an upcoming tournament
- discuss how to play the crucial matchups
- analyze decklists
- talk about upcoming card releases
- report on a first-hand tournament experience
- offer ProTips for high-level play
…or include any combination of above! We cover a range of topics to help the competitive player elevate their game.
Q. Do your articles apply to Juniors and Seniors?
A. While our focus is on Masters play, our commentary is applicable for all age divisions. Of our writers, Alex Schemanske, Xander Pero, Jon Eng, and Mike Fouchet have earned Worlds invitations in Juniors and/or Seniors, and many of our writers have also coached Juniors and/or Seniors, so we have experience in navigating those divisions. Please ask questions if you ever read an article and come away with notions you’d like to clarify specific to Juniors or Seniors!
Q. How do I ask questions?
A. You can connect with our writers in one of three ways:
- in the companion discussion topics for each article,
- by private message through the forums,
- or via social media, if the writer mentions they are open to connecting that way.
We encourage you to reach out whenever you have questions.
Q. Can I upgrade or downgrade my subscription?
A. Your subscription can be upgraded, downgraded, canceled, or reenabled at any time. If you upgrade, you will be immediately switched over to and charged for the new plan, minus a credit for unused time on your current subscription. If you downgrade, you will be switched over to the new plan after your current subscription ends. To cancel, asdf. And to reenable, asdf.
Q. How do I add a friend to my subscription?
A. One of the cool features of Underground is that your subscription can be shared with a friend. (Pokémon is a social game after all!) To add a friend to an existing subscription, enter their SixPrizes username in the Shared Account box on your account page. If your friend doesn’t already have a SixPrizes account, they can register for free.
Q. How do I request a refund?
A. We know it sometimes doesn’t work out: If you would like to request a refund for your subscription, you can do so within the first 30 days of joining Underground. Email email@example.com with your account details, and he will issue your refund shortly.
Purchase a subscription to send as a gift:
How gift subscriptions work: Gift subscription is emailed to giftee (i.e., recipient) on specified date. Gifter (i.e., sender) is charged only one payment. Giftee may add a payment method to their account if they would like to maintain the subscription, otherwise it will automatically end without rebilling. Subsequent gift subscriptions can be sent to the same giftee.